SECUNIA ADVISORY ID:
Customer Area (Credentials Required)
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Joomla!, which can be
exploited by malicious people to disclose sensitive information,
bypass certain security restrictions, conduct cross-site scripting,
request forgery, and SQL injection attacks.
1) Some unspecified errors can be exploited to disclose certain
2) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being
returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML
and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected
3) An unspecified error can be exploited to gain unauthorised
4) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being
used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries
by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
5) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP
requests without performing any validity checks to verify the
requests. This can be exploited to perform certain unspecified
actions by tricking a user into clicking a specially crafted link via
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 1.6.2.
Update to version 1.6.2.
PROVIDED AND/OR DISCOVERED BY:
Reported by the vendor.